Thursday, November 21, 2013

Final #3: Group 3D Building Project

As we began to build we decided roles. As one of the folks from Video Games and Virtual Reality I proposed that I act as a supervisor/Rover/Ombudsman providing general help and support and supervising everyone's work to insure everything came together. From people's responses I was of great help. Please note that these photos are somewhat out of chronological order, but I will be describing each individually so that shouldn't matter.
Here I am looking at the foundation. Things are starting to appear.
 The folks working on the house have made some good progress. I've been helping with the foundation and walls.
 Here we have the pool and behind that the soccer field taking shape. I have helped delete some loose objects. To the right of the screen you can see part of the house.
 The Dance floor is taking shape. I did the least on the house of any of the teams because they already had another person with engine experience from videogames and virtual reality. I just took this because the dance floor was cool.
 Someone had accidentally made a bunch of pictures on the exterior of the house. Here I am deleting them.
 Fixing the door (wouldn't open)
 Here is the Garage. I helped out with the garage a lot because they were down a team member.
 Observing the pool and pool chairs.
 Entrance to the dance floor (cool colors on the door).
 Inside of the house.
 Here is the path I helped make connecting the house and the pool..
 I deleted this extra garage foundation once they made version two.
 An earlier house construction shot.
 An earlier version of the pool.


 THe house being assembled.
 Here is everything coming together for the first time. We assembled everything apart at the start because I discovered it helped with our lag issues to have less avatars and construction going on on screen at once.
 The soccer field.
 The house now has a roof!
Making the garage path connect.
 Relaxing on the roof.
 I love the paper air plane in the garage. whoever made it had a brilliant idea, it's very cute.
 Finished product shots.
Finished Pool shot.
 BOUNCE HOUSE!
 Airial shot, almost finished.
 Internal shot of finished house.
 Dance floor animations shot.
 Finished path shot.
Finally we finished the stubborn garage road. Hope you like our house. It was a blast to make.

These are screenshots from our 3D group building exercise in Cloud Party.  It is a final exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College.  The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics.  For details, visit the immersive BC portal at http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc

No comments:

Post a Comment