Thursday, November 21, 2013

WebGL Chrome Experiments using Google's Chrome Browser

Here are the screenshots for the WebGL experiments I picked.



The first experiment that I picked was called Lilypad. It shows how 'paper folding' can be represented in 3D. I thought it was very pretty to look at, and the fact that you could rotate the field of view to look 'under the water' was very neat.  Here is the link to Lily Pad.

 I then noticed that you can morph the shape. Here the shape is morphed a little, and you can see that the red 'water' is going in the hole of the lily pad


The next experiment I picked is the sudoku helper. It gives you hints about how to complete the sudoku by turning red if you try to input a number that violates the rules of the game. I thought that this would be something my mom would like since she enjoys playing Sudokus. Here is the link toSudoku Assistant 3D




This next one is perhaps the most powerful use of 3D experiments. My girlfriend is a psychology and neuroscience PhD student and she is always talking about MRI images and what a pain they are to look through with the programs she has at work. This was very cool because you are not confined to the traditional three views of looking at MRI brain images. You could turn the boxes and the images would go though the brain at a given angle. Also, the fact that it changed color based on where it was in the brain was pretty awesome. My girlfriend told me that the green image is a traditional 'coronal' slice of brain, and the red image below is a 'horizontal' slice. I just thought it was cool to look at brain images.  Here is the link to Brain Reslicing


No comments:

Post a Comment